干了12年Oracle DBA, 职位到了 Data Architect.
1) Seven Habits of Highly Effective DBA
2) The Non-Technical Art of Being a Successful DBA
Hope you have time to read them.
Here is something what I learned.
• Change control
• SLA (360-Degree Review Process)
• Design review + communication with business unit
• Naming convention
o Repeatable Processes
o Corrective Action Reports
And what I did and am doing,
• The Foot Rule of Thumb (experiment and create your own rules of thumb)
o test, experiment and learn
• Instrument the code
* Set based process
The answer is as always, find the better way, benchmark it, and the numbers will speak for themselves.
Ref from: On HTML DB, Bulking Up, and Speeding - Ask Tom